1. To submit photos and pay entry fee, click here.
2. Multiple entries are permitted - there is no limit to the number of photos you may enter!
Photos must be of purebred Rat Terriers or close mixes. They don't have to be rescue dogs, but let us know if they are! Submissions must include at least one Rat Terrier, but may include other Rat Terriers, too. No humans may be in the photograph. Other animals may be in the photograph, but preference will be given to photos that are primarily focused on Rat Terriers
1. Photos must be digital, in color, and horizontally oriented
(wider than tall).
2. Photographs should be in .jpg or .tif format and have a resolution of at least 300 ppi (pixels per inch) at 11"x 8.5" (or approx. 46"x35" at 72 ppi). Typically, if the photo is taken using your camera's highest quality setting and you download and send us the original jpeg file exactly as it comes off your camera or card, it will meet this criteria.
Photos should be crisp and clear with good detail, and should not look blurry, jagged, or pixelated.
3. No humans in the photos.
4. Please do not add text to photos.
5. Commercially reproduced photos and photos by professionals will not
6. If possible, please submit each photo with the dog's name and the entrant's last name as the file name, e.g. Fidosmith1.jpg, Fidosmith2.jpg, etc. (optional)
7. There is no limit to the number of photos you may enter.
The entry fee is $2.00 per submission, or $5.00 for three photo submissions, $10.00 for six photo submissions, etc.
Picture Taking Suggestions:
• Set your digital camera to the highest quality setting.
• Try to avoid distracting, unattractive backgrounds (e.g. unmade bed, trash cans, etc.)!
• Outdoor pictures with natural lighting reproduce the best. If taken indoors, photograph the dog in a brightly-lit room with a light-colored background.
• Use the red-eye function on your flash if available.
• Don't submit blurry pictures - we won't be able to use them.
• Close-up pictures are great and will eliminate those distracting backgrounds previously mentioned. We'll want some head shots as well as full body shots.
• Capture the rattie spirit! Take pictures of your Rat Terriers doing what they love most - running, jumping, hunting, sleeping in the sun, etc.
Photos will be judged by the New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue Calendar Committee panel of judges. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
All winners will be featured in New Rattitude's 2018 calendar and receive a free calendar!
Plus the top three prize-winning photos will also win an assortment of prizes!
Grand Prize: Basket of treats, chews, speciality dog food and a toy (donated by Bentley's Pet Stuff)
, a New Rattitude t-shirt, and dog toys ($125 value)
Second Prize: A handcrafted fleece dog bed, New Rattitude t-shirt, rat terrier photo frame, treats, and dog toys ($80 value)
Third Prize: Good Owners, Great Dogs book, New Rattitude t-shirt, rat terrier crossing sign,and dog toys ($55 value)